Overpopulation

From: Anne V Stuecker (avs5@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 20:41:44 PDT

>The known, proven solution to high birth rates is affluence.

Neil (or anyone else who can answer this question) -

Are you saying that the higher people's income, the less likely they are
to have children? This seems plausible to me, based on anecdotal
evidence, but why is it so? Any sociologists out there?

Also, are you proposing that all of earth's inhabitants should be made
rich (my interpretation of the word "affluent")? Wouldn't a more sound
plan be to see that everyone has what they need and that the world has no
use for terms like "rich" and "poor"?

  -- Anne